Quest of Magic
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Quest of Magic is a 2D side-scrolling action game with RPG elements. You select a starting race (e.g. Human, Dwarf, Durian) and an available preset for it (e.g. Warrior, Mage) and jump into in an action side-scrolling platformer.
While playing, you collect items and grind experience, making your character stronger.
- Leveling experience, resulting to individual character builds.
- Randomly generated platforming experience.
- Cross-save Karma mechanic that makes the player decide for their experience as they progress.
- Dynamic magic system; combining different spells interwines their properties.
- Dynamic crafting system; craft spells onto items, imbuing different properties.
- WASD/Arrows move the character.
- Select an inventory item by pressing its number, as shown on the top-left corner.
- Click on an item or press the selected item's number again to use (e.g. attack with a weapon, consume a potion).
- Keep pressed to charge magic for selected magical elements (e.g. Air, Water, Fire). They add their attributes to the casted spell.
- Press Space to release the spell being casted (mostly used to make spells containing Air travel forwards).
- Press Esc or click on the corresponding button on the top of the screen to access your character manager (manage inventory, spend level-up points or craft items).
The game is currently in Beta development, with more content (such as items, terrains and races) being created. If you have any suggestions or come across bugs, you are welcome to present them in the community forums.
Click download now to get access to the following files: